CapTel Braille 880iB
This model enables you to hear, read captions in braille and speak during phone calls. This service is designed for people who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing who prefer to speak for themselves and read captions in braille.
A dynamic braille display reader, landline telephone connection and Internet service are required to use this model. The captioning service uses the Internet connection to display captions.
CapTel Braille 800iB Phone Features
- FREE live captioning service
- Internet connection via Ethernet cable
- Extra large screen with easy-to-read captions
with adjustable font sizes and colors
- Built-in answering machine takes voice
messages with captions
- Speed dial keys for one-touch dialing of
frequently called numbers
- Stores up to 95 names/phone numbers
in built-in phone book
- Adjustable volume control up to 40dB
- Audio jacks for earphones, headset or neckloop.
- One-touch blue button to call Customer Service
- Available in English
How Does CapTel Braille Work?
It’s a breeze!
Placing a call on a CapTel Braille phone is just like using a standard phone. With the CapTel Braille phone connected to a dynamic braille display reader, each time you use it to make a call or answer a call, you will be automatically connected to a captioning service.
You speak directly to the other party on the CapTel Braille phone.
The other party talks directly to you while the captioner listens.
The captioner transcribes the other party’s voiced message into captions, which are then automatically transmitted in braille on the dynamic braille display reader.
You listen via the CapTel Braille phone and read the captions on the dynamic braille display reader.
Requirements for CapTel Braille 880iB
Any one of these telephone connections:
- Analog telephone line
- DSL with digital filter
- PBX system with analog port
- High-speed Internet via Ethernet line
- Compatible dynamic Braille display reader.
Click here for a list of compatible dynamic Braille display readers.
For outgoing calls, simply dial the other party directly.
For incoming calls, the other party dials your number directly.
VIDEO: Overview of Braille CapTel 880iB model
A CapTel Braille 880iB user shows how to make a call via this model with a compatible dynamic Braille display reader.